June 30, 2020 — Voting on a new name for Saint Clair Evans will begin this Wednesday, July 1.
Before that happens, members of the Saint Clair Evans school community will have a final chance at a virtual meeting this afternoon to submit recommendations for a new name.
The meeting will be held at 4 PM. Details are below:
- Date/Time: Tuesday, June 30 from 4:00 – 5:00 PM
- Meeting Access: Can access meeting by computer or phone
- By computer: Link is https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/212012941. Google Chrome is recommended.
- By phone: Number is 408-650-3123. Access Code is 634-157-261
Drive- through ballot voting on the recommendations begins Wednesday, July 1, and is only open to members of the St. Clair Evans community including: students, alumni, faculty and staff, PTA and SAC, and residents in the attendance boundary of the school. See below for voting details:
- When: July 1 – July 10 (*closed July 4)
- Time: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM daily
- Where: St. Clair Evans Academy, 5443 Moncrief Rd; Jacksonville, FL 32209
Voters must show a valid ID to cast a ballot. Students can show their district issued school ID card.
During this month’s Board meeting, the Board approved several boundary changes for six elementary schools including Saint Claire Evans. The change means that for the 2020-21 school year, Saint Clair Evans students will move out of their current building and into what was formerly Northwestern Middle School. More information is available at https://www.teamduval.org/2020/06/20/equity-school-consolidations-and-renaming-schools-among-topics-at-school-board-meeting/.