Aug. 26, 2020 – The updated 2020-21 district calendar is now available to view and download at www.duvalschools.org/calendar.
The revised calendar, which was approved in a Special Board Meeting on Aug. 19, reflects changes made as a result of shifting the first day of school from Aug. 10 to Aug. 20.
Important updates include:
- All Early Dismissal days are now full, instructional days.
- This conversion helps schools recover instructional time and provides a way to not dramatically shift the last day of school.
- The addition of six instructional days in place of previous weather days or non-work days (October 30, December 18, April 9, June 1, June 2, and June 3).
- The conversion of these weather days helps schools recover instructional time and provides a way to not dramatically shift the last day of school.
- The April 1 Weather Day is now a Teacher Planning Day.
- Grading periods will end on October 15, December 18, March 19, and June 3.
- The last day of school is June 3, 2021.
With these adjustments, the school district meets the in-person instructional requirements of the state while having minimal impact on existing schedules.
The District Calendar Committee is comprised of members representing all major operations of the school district, including elementary and secondary principals, City Council of PTAs, District and School Advisory Councils, and Duval Teachers United.