Sept. 18, 2020 – Beginning Monday, Sept. 21, all school breakfast and lunch meals will be free for all students in every school with Duval County Public Schools .
Additionally, Duval HomeRoom students can collect meals daily at any school regardless of enrollment from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
This change is due to a recent update with the federal USDA school feeding program and will be in effect until Dec. 31 of this year.
Additional information for Brick and Mortar and Duval HomeRoom students is below:
Brick and Mortar students
- All school breakfast and lunch meals will be free with the exception of ala carte items.
- Student ID is not required while going through cafeteria line for breakfast or lunch meals. However it is required for ala carte purchase.
- Meals will be served as normal at dining temperature (hot food, cold food) during regular school breakfast and lunch times.
Duval HomeRoom students
- Student or parent/guardian must present a valid form of ID for student
- Valid forms of identification may include, but are not limited to, school identification card, child’s passport, government-issued child identification card, or any document proving parent/guardian identity and relationship to the child, such as an adoption decree; doctor, clinic, or hospital record; religious record; or daycare center record.
- Meals will be distributed cold, using zip lock bags with meals placed in a grocery bag.
- Cooking instructions will be available at www.duvalschools.org/foodserviceupdates.
Note that the supper and snack program will continue with no change.