Dec. 28, 2020 – The virtual School Choice Expo is Jan. 9, but families can get a sneak peek at the online platform now.
The site is live and available to tour here.
Though still under light construction, the site will help families become familiar with the platform in advance of the virtual Expo.
Below are a few tips to make the most of the experience.
- Create a “Show Planner Account” – While there is no registration needed to attend the expo, families are encouraged to create a Show Planner Account. This takes seconds to create and allows users to sign up and view live school presentations, organize their schedule, and make appointments to communicate with school leaders, district staff and exhibitors.
- Pretend you’re shopping – This is the season where families are shopping for the best school option for the upcoming year. In this virtual platform, the Expo is a market, the schools are the different groceries, and the “Show Planner Account” is the grocery cart. Families can fill up their carts with not just schools, but other exhibitors such as vendors and district officers. To place something in the “Show Planner Account” click the plus sign icon on the right-hand corner.
- Chat with Office of School Choice – School Choice staff will be available throughout the virtual Expo on Jan. 9 via a special chat feature. Visit here on the day of the Expo and select one of the friendly faces of the School Choice staff.
- Searching for Schools – Find schools of interest by using the links under “Shortcut.” You can also click on “Exhibitor’s List.” This tab will open a page where schools are alphabetized and searchable by name.
- Check out the 2021-22 School Choice Reference Guide – Available to view and download here, the School Choice Reference Guide provides an overview of application process, a description of schools and programs, and a review of important deadline dates.
For more information about how to get ready for the School Choice Expo, visit this link: https://www.teamduval.org/2020/12/08/upcoming-school-choice-expo-will-be-virtual/.
Note that district offices, including the office of School Choice, are closed for winter break and will reopen Monday, Jan. 4, 2021.