April 16, 2021 – Late applications for magnet and special transfer option (STO) schools for the 2021-22 school year are available in Focus now through June 30.
This application window is for families who want their student to attend a magnet or STO school next school year and missed the on-time application window that was open January – February.
To apply, parents need to log into their Parent Account and go to Focus. In the menu, they will see links for the magnet school application and special transfer application.
All applications are online.
Families who completed an on-time application for magnet and STO schools or Voluntary Prekindergarten are now receiving notifications of their lottery status. These notifications will have all gone out by April 30.
Families with school-choice related questions can contact School Choice specialists in several ways.
- Make an appointment to speak with a specialist virtually or online.
- Send an email to School_choice@duvalschools.org
- Live chat with a specialist. Follow the steps below:
- Go to School Match 2021
- Log into or create a “My Show Planner” account
- After a few minutes, a “My Chat” icon will appear next to the account holder’s name. Click on it
- Click the “Browse Contacts” tab
- Click the “Available Now” tab and select a “Office of School Choice” team member
Reminder – The school choice process is for families wishing to select a school for their children that is not their attendance area school. If you are attending your attendance area school, all questions can be directed to the school.