Aug. 6, 2021 – The 2021-22 Student Code of Conduct states that the wearing of facial coverings is strongly recommended during the school day and at school-related events.
Parents who would like to opt their child out of wearing a face covering can do so by completing the “Student Mask/Facial Covering Opt-Out Form” that is located online in the Parent FOCUS Account.
To find the online form, parents need to login to their Parent FOCUS Account, click on their child’s name, and then locate the form in the “Forms” folder.
To complete the form, parents will be required to select two options:
- I elect to opt out my student from wearing a mask or facial covering as recommended by the CDC and the Student Code of Conduct.
- By checking this box, I am completing this opt out of wearing a mask/facial covering form as the parent/guardian of (student’s name)
After selecting the two options, parents/guardians can then submit the online form.
Note: If completing the form for multiple children linked to the same Parent FOCUS Account, the parent/guardian will need to:
- Complete and submit the form for the first child
- Select the next child
- Select “child info”
- Re-open the form, complete and submit
- Repeat process for additional children
A Parent FOCUS Account is needed to complete the form. To create an account, parents/guardians can follow the steps on www.duvalschools.org/focus. Allow two-three days for account completion.
If technical assistance is needed with completing the form or creating a Parent FOCUS Account, contact the district’s Technology Support line at 904-348-7628 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Assistance is available Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM – 5:30 PM, and Saturday and Sunday: 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM.