(This story has been updated to reflect the new deadline, which is Jan. 21, 2022. The original story was posted on Nov. 23, 2021.)
Jan 12, 2022 – The annual Federal Impact Aid Survey is available, and it’s vitally important that all federally connected families associated with Duval County Public Schools complete the survey.
Why is this important?
Because our school district could potentially receive federal funding for education related expenses like textbooks, hiring additional personnel, and other academic materials based on the number of federally connected students enrolled in our schools. With more than 9,000 federally associated families, Duval County Public Schools is one of the most populated school districts in the country for federally connected students, and that’s why the district encourages families to complete the online survey every year.
Who is federally connected?
- Active duty members of the uniformed services who live/work on federal property
- Active full-time members of a foreign military who live/work on federal property
- Civilians or contractors who work on federal property
- Parents/guardians who live in federally supported housing
Unsure of your student’s status?
The survey will help determine if your student is federally connected.
Where is the survey?
The link to the survey is below and can also be assessed through your FOCUS account.
- Survey Link: 2021 Federal Impact Aid Survey
It will be open through Jan. 21. Parents can choose between the multifamily form or single student form. Only one survey per household is required.