May 2, 2022 – Kindergarten registration for the 2022-23 school year is now open, and there’s a special incentive for families who apply during the month of May.
Tote bags – containing a free book, pencils, and more – will be provided to families who register this month.
The district hopes these Kindergarten Starter Kits will help students be ready for the school year and encourage families to apply early while schools are fully staffed.
While parents can also register during the summer, there is typically less staff available to assist with registration.
Parents can register in two easy steps:
- Step 1 – Find Your School
Use the School Locator at www.duvalschools.org/locator to find your child’s attendance area school. If you have participated in the Magnet or Special Transfer Option Lottery and your student has already been assigned to a school, you may skip this step.
- Step 2 – Contact Your School
Call your school and make an appointment to visit the school and register. You (the parent or legal guardian) will need to bring a few things with you:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Proof of a physical exam
- Immunization record. For information about Florida immunization requirements, go to: www.immunizeflorida.org
- Proof of home address (You will need at least two documents to prove your address. Visit www.duvalschools.org/kindergarten to view the required documents.)
More information is available on the district’s Kindergarten Registration webpage.
Reminder – The first day of school for the 2022-23 school year is Monday, Aug. 15.