April 22, 2020 – Since January, teams of parents and school and district staff have held public meetings to discuss several school mergers that are proposed in the Master Facility Plan.
These public meetings are continuing virtually. Details are below:
- Proposal to merge Saint Clair Evans Elementary with Carter G. Woodson Elementary.
- Date/Time: Thursday, April 23 at 4 p.m.
- Meeting link: https://www.gotomeet.me/AbrahamTracieL
- Proposal to merge Brentwood Elementary to transition students to North Shore Elementary.
- Date/Time: Thursday, April 23 at 6 p.m.
- Meeting link: https://zoom.us/j/95490307509?pwd=WlAySU95elNOY2ZHZ3pvTkFuTm5OQT09
These are “working group” meetings. This means that while there are options for public comment, the purpose of the meeting is for the team to review and discuss each proposal.
The meetings are part of a process known as “Academic and Community Excellence” or ACE for short. The ACE meetings are designed to gather school community feedback and guide the school district as it makes decisions about school mergers. Visit here for more information.