May, 29 2020 (Updated June 20, 2020 and July 19, 2020) – July graduations have begun! The commencement schedule, guest and safety information and live stream links are available at www.duvalschools.org/julygraduations.
Background – In April, Superintendent Dr. Diana Greene shared that traditional commencement ceremonies in May had to be canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, following significant feedback from the community, the district began planning for July ceremonies.
Below are the dates for the ceremonies as well as important guest information and safety protocols. A full schedule with time, venue and live stream info is available at www.duvalschools.org/julygraduations.
July 2020 Commencement Ceremony Dates:
Wednesday, July 15
- Alden Road Exceptional Student Center
- Mount Herman Exceptional Student Center
Thursday, July 16
- Palm Avenue Exceptional Student Center
Friday, July 17
- Frank H. Peterson
- Andrew Jackson High School
Monday, July 20
- Baldwin Middle Senior High School
- William M. Raines High School
- Stanton College Preparatory
Tuesday, July 21
- Sandalwood High School
- Jean Ribault Senior High School
- Atlantic Coast High School
Wednesday, July 22
- Terry Parker High School
- Samuel W. Wolfson High School
- Edward White High School
- Duval Virtual Instruction Academy
Thursday, July 23
- Westside High School
- Asa Philip Randolph Academies of Technology
- Mandarin High School
- Robert E. Lee High School
- The Bridge to Success Academy
Friday, July 24
- Douglas Anderson School of the Arts
- Darnell Cookman School of the Medical Arts
- First Coast High School
Monday, July 27
- Englewood High School
- Paxon School for Advanced Studies
- Duncan U. Fletcher High School
- Marine Science Center
Guest Information and Safety Information
(Ceremonies at TIAA Bank have specific guidelines. See them at www.duvalschools.org/julygraduations)
Note: We will implement CDC guidelines and any state or local orders for COVID-19 that are in effect as of the date of the ceremony. Due to the safety procedures in place, we expect there may be some delays. We thank you in advance for your patience.
- Tickets – There will be two tickets per graduate. Additional tickets may be provided as we take a closer review of our venue and the confirmed participants. Guests of the graduates must arrive at the same time with their tickets in order to sit together.
- Masks – Masks will be required for all guests as they enter the arena, including graduates. They may be taken off once seated inside the venue.
- Screening and temperature checks – Each guest will be checked off and screened before entry into the venue. This includes a search, a temperature screening and completion of a COVID-19 questionnaire. Note that guests with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater will not be allowed to enter the venue. Neither will guests who answer yes to any questions on the questionnaire. Click here to review the questions that will be on the questionnaire. (This is just for review. Guests will be provided a questionnaire to complete at the venue.) *There will be no temperature checks for venues at TIAA Bank.
- Social distancing – Guests will be required to maintain social distancing by sitting in marked designated seats.
- Early Opening – The venue will open approximately two hours before the ceremony to limit or eliminate any lines. Social distancing will be required if a line is to form before entry. *Venue will open an hour before ceremony at TIAA Bank.
- Venues – Each graduation ceremony is taking place outdoors as a safety measure. For most schools, they will hold their outdoor ceremonies on their stadium grounds. For the five schools that do not have an outdoor stadium on the school’s campus, the district arranged for the ceremonies to be held in a section of the TIAA Bank field. No matter where the venue is being held, the number of guests allowed for each school will be approximately the same: That is two per graduate and approximately 1,500 per venue.
- Live Stream – Every ceremony will be live streamed. School-based ceremonies will be live streamed on YouTube. Ceremonies at TIAA Bank will be live streamed through TIAA’s website. Visit www.duvalschools.org/julygraduations for live stream links.