July 21, 2020 (Updated July 23, 2020) – Focus is the district’s software that gives parents and guardians 24-7 access to their student’s information such as grades, assignments, transportation assignments and more.
Creating an account begins online. However, there is also an in-person component. To maintain student confidentiality, parents and guardians are required to visit their child’s school of enrollment to provide identification.
Families can begin the process by following these five steps:
Step 1: Create a Duval County Public Schools User Account at www.duvalschools.org/focus
- Click on “Create Account” button
- Be sure to use Google Chrome. However, if you’re on a Mac, you may need to use Safari
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the account.
- Be sure to enter your first and last name, your personal email address, and password when creating the account.
- Make note of the email address and password you used as it will be used again in the future.
Step 2: Link your child to your account at www.duvalschools.org/focus
- Click “Link Student” and add your student’s school, student ID# and last name.
- If you don’t have a school yet, select “Applicant” for the school name.
- Note: You can add all your children at one time. Click “Add” after each child’s information is added.
- Click “Submit”
Step 3: Go to the email account you used to create your user account and open the email from FIMservice@duvalschools.org. Click on the ‘Email Validation Link’.
- Your email account must be verified within seven days using the link from the email. If you don’t see it, check your clutter or junk file in your email.
Step 4: After verifying your email account, you now have 21 days to visit your child’s school to validate your Parent/Guardian account.
- Be sure to take a photo ID to the school and have a staff member approve your request.
Step 5: Within 24 hours after the school verifies your account, using the email address and password used to create your Parent/Guardian Account, login to Focus.
- Focus: https://duval.focusschoolsoftware.com
- Be sure to use Google Chrome. However, if you’re on a Mac, you may need to use Safari.
- You should see your student(s) should appear in your account.
Families in need of additional assistance can contact Technology Services at 904-348-7628 Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday through Sunday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Questions can also be sent to email@example.com. You can also reach out to their school with questions and concerns, as the school is an integral part of this process.
Once you have created your account and linked your student to your account, you can do any of the following:
- Apply for schools
- Apply for transportation
- Apply for Duval Homeroom (Distance Learning)
- Update your phone and email address
- See your child’s grades
- Contact your child’s teachers