Sept. 8, 2020 – Duval County Public Schools has officially launched its COVID-19 dashboard.
Available here on the district’s website, the dashboard shows the number of students and staff attending or working in brick-and-mortar schools with confirmed positive cases of COVID-19.
The dashboard allows the district to share important data with families as they make decisions regarding enrollment options now and in the future.
A few points to note:
- The date of the case is the date in which the district confirmed the results. This date may be different than the date of diagnosis or initial report.
- Charter school data is not currently included. The district is working with charters to determine if charter school data can be included in the future.
- The dashboard is updated daily by approximately 8 p.m.
When a positive case impacts a school, the Department of Health performs contact tracing and initiates communication with those who need to quarantine as a result of close proximity to the infected person.
Once the Department of Health’s study and those personal communications are completed, schools send a call to their school community to make them aware of the case. The dashboard provides a longitudinal analysis of the impact of COVID-19 on schools.
- What happens if COVID-19 enters a school community?
- “Team Up for Health” video series shows how Team Duval can work together to slow COVID-19 spread