Dec. 20, 2021 – The virtual School Choice Expo is Saturday, Jan. 8, 2022 from 11 AM – 3 PM, but families can get a head start by visiting the online platform where it will be held, School Match 2022.
Previewing the site will help families become familiar with the platform in advance of the virtual Expo. Below are a few tips to make the most of the experience.
- Create a “Show Planner Account” – First, families are encouraged to create a Show Planner Account. Creating an account allows users to connect with school leaders and district staff the day of the Expo.
- Pretend you’re shopping – When you visit School Match 2022, imagine you’re in a marketplace shopping for groceries, or in this case schools. Your grocery cart is the Show Planner Account. To view schools and other exhibitors (the groceries), select the “Exhibitor List/Participants” icon on the home page. To place a school or other exhibitor in your cart, click the plus sign icon on the right-hand corner of the icon.
- Searching for Schools – From the home page, families have several ways to search for schools they’re interested in. The “Exhibitor’s List” tab will open a page where schools are alphabetized and searchable by name. Or you can search by the “Shortcuts” menu on the homepage which categorizes schools by grade band (elementary, middle, and high) and region (Beaches, Northside, Arlington, etc.).
- Know where to get help – School Choice staff will be available throughout the virtual Expo via a special chat feature. Visit “Office of School Choice” and/or the “Guest Services (Help Desk)” on the day of the Expo, scroll to the bottom to locate the “Contact Us” section; and select one of the friendly faces of our district enrollment specialists. This feature will only be available the day of the Expo. You can contact the Office of School Choice via [email protected] or appointment.
Overall, have fun exploring and getting familiar with the site. Note that district offices, including the Office of School Choice, will be closed for winter break Thursday, Dec. 23 through Friday, Dec. 31, 2021.
- Jan. 1 – Feb. 28, 2022 – Applications for magnet and special transfer option schools available in the Parent FOCUS account.
- Jan. 8, 2022 – Virtual School Choice Expo; from 11 AM – 3 PM
Get prepared to apply for magnet and special transfer option schools on Jan. 1, 2021 by reviewing these easy tips.