Feb. 11, 2022 – Duval County Public Schools is revising its current COVID-19 mitigation strategies in response to falling case counts in the community.
While students, staff, and visitors are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask, there is no longer any requirement for anyone to do so. Previously, school visitors and employees working with students were required to wear a face covering.
Restrictions on capacity at arts and athletic venues have been lifted.
The district will continue to promote layered mitigation strategies including regular cleaning, disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces and use of desk shields. Additionally, the district will continue to ensure supplies such as soap, hand sanitizer, masks/facial coverings and gloves are available to schools for student and employee use throughout the day.
Mitigation strategies and guidance remaining in place include the following:
- Students are strongly encouraged, but not required, to wear a facial covering.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged, but not required, to wear masks at schools.
- Employees and students should stay home from work/school if sick.
- Employees are strongly encouraged to wear a facial covering when working directly with students, or when unable to social distance.
- All individuals should practice social distancing when possible.
Upcoming Vaccination Events
The next two opportunities for COVID-19 vaccines through the district’s partnership with FDOH-Duval and Health Hero Florida will be on Feb. 18 and March 11 at the locations below. As a reminder, individuals will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis. First dose, second dose, and booster doses will be available.
- February 18, 2021 – Hours: 2:30 – 5:00 pm
- March 11, 2022 (Teacher Planning Day) – Hours: 8:30 -11:30 am
- District Administration Office – Cline Auditorium
- Paxon School for Advanced Studies – Auditorium
- Landmark Middle School – Gymnasium
- Southside Middle School – Gymnasium