Feb. 2, 2021 – With the Feb. 28 application deadline just a few weeks away, School Choice staff is unveiling new ways families can connect with them and get questions answered.
One of those ways is live chatting using the “My Chat” feature in “School Match 2021.”
Brand new this year, the “My Chat” features gives parents the opportunity to live chat with a school choice specialist Monday – Saturday, 9 AM – 1 PM, now through Saturday, Feb. 27.
“This new line of communication is essential in helping ensure we can guide our families through a smooth school choice application process,” said Sharwonda Peek, Assistant Superintendent of School Choice. “The School Match “My Chat” feature is a perfect way to get answers quickly and avoid wait times you may experience with other communication options.”
Here’s how to start chatting:
- Go to School Match 2021
- Log into or create a “My Show Planner” account
- After a few minutes, a “My Chat” icon will appear next to the account holder’s name. Click on it.
- Click the “Browse Contacts” tab.
- Click the “Available Now” tab and select a “Office of School Choice” team member.
Peek says “My Chat” is ideal for those who may have quick school choice questions and need quick responses. For more involved questions, Peek encourages parents to make an appointment to speak with a specialist either virtually or in-person. Appointments can be made online here.
“We are here for our parents and want to make sure that as we get closer and closer to Sunday, Feb. 28, they know they have multiple resources to get support,” said Peek.
At a Glance: Four ways to connect with School Choice
- Live Chat
- Make an appointment for in-person or virtual meeting:
- Email (Response time is 24-48 hours)
- Attend a live virtual parent information session (Thursdays at 6 PM. Join by computer, smartphone or tablet. Meeting links below.)